Friday, April 17, 2009

this Morning

Friday at last. In many ways this week was not one of the more pleasant ones. But that is life. After a lifetime of looking back, many times I forget to look ahead.

As usual, got to get up earlier and leave the house by 7 am so as not to get caught in the rush hour traffic for work as I had to drop Ben off at his school. Ben as usual struggled along. As I left the house, I realized that the sky was clear. Another hot day ahead. After dropping Ben off at the center, I prepared myself for the next portion of the journey that would take me about 45 mins at best.

Leaving Puchong Prima is often a stressful event. However as I was negotiating the traffic I was confronted with one of the most beautiful sights of the sky I have noticed in a while.

The rising sun, was hidden behind a blanket of high level clouds. The rest of the sky was a blue with dashes of "cotton" clouds spotted with grey clouds from the night before. The edges of these clouds was glowing with the reflection of the morning sun. Blue, with golden yellow hues dashed with while and grey.

I wound up on the slower lane. And I told myself that at least I have more time to enjoy this wonderful sight. I was about 7 minutes behind my schedule.

How I wished that I was on leave, with my D60 and a tripod.

Strange how a simple change in what we focus on can change our perspective at the start of the day. Instead of looking at the traffic jam and the other vehicles, a simple look up to the magnificient beauty of the morning totally replaced the stress with a peace and rest.

I wonder how is tomorrow morning .....

No comments:

Post a Comment